Below you will find each class’ exhaustive teaching guide, class order bullet points, and video example on how the sessions can be taught. We pray this helps bring overall content guidance as we aim to help develop disciples by covering personal and church vision and mission.
This is why Next Steps’ official mission statement is:
Discover Your Purpose
There are 4 class topics that we cover in the Next Steps track:
Vision, Gather, Grow, Go
Holistically this content should guide us in the truth that we do have a God-given purpose and how we are to accomplish this for our lives personally and together as a church family – how we are to love God and love others individually and collectively – how we are to live out the Great Commission as disciples of Christ by gathering, growing, and going.
*** Please note that these guides are very detailed and were written with volunteer communication in mind. There is not an expectation to teach verbatim. As the leader, please feel free to modify the content to make it feel like you while maintaining the main elements and intent. Each class also does have one main Scripture. The rest are supplemental and are up to your discretion.
If you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Class Framework
2. Icebreaker Game
3. Video : track purpose and details
4. Highlight : 1st Time Guest card and packet, graduates, and introduce communicator
5. Intro Class Topic
6. Give Scriptural precedent
7. Teach : the topic specifically aimed at daily lives and personal walk with God
8. Teach : the topic aimed at how HPC harnesses and equips for that topic
9. Table discussion
10. Personal Care including : offer to pray, talk about God, resource with a free Bible, and highlight community through small groups
11. Close : direction for graduates and next class topic