Serve Your City
Check out all of the amazing ways that we can serve our city together! Below you can browse all of the opportunities that are available through one of our many Go Teams. Simply read over the list, pray, and once you have completed the Next Steps Track you can jump right in on one of these impactful Go Teams. For questions about any of our teams, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Serve events for 18+ only
** Serve events that are kid & youth friendly
Abortion Outreach *
Description: We host a peaceful time of prayer outside of the Delta Clinic. Training is required.
Contact email@example.com if you would like to be involved with this outreach or get more information.
*If you or someone you know would like to speak to a counselor about a past or potential abortion, click here.
Cancer Ministry *
Description: We visit cancer patients in local hospitals and offer healthy snacks as we encourage them and their families. We also participate in many ministry opportunities during the holidays.
When: Weekdays at 10:30am
Where: Mary Bird Perkins and Other Local Hospitals
Cooking for Christ
Description: We provide meals for various local events, functions, and street outreaches. Our team volunteers their time to prepare and deliver food while touching many lives. This is a simple, tangible way to meet a need and show God’s love.
When: Varies According to Outreach Need
Description: We provide free dental extractions at local dental clinics. In addition to caring for the physical needs, we offer prayer and fellowship for our patients. We need volunteers who are both skilled and unskilled in the dental field.
Description: The mission for Empower 225 is to empower youth in the capital region who are at-risk of homelessness and dependency to reach their highest potential through educational support, life-skills training, career preparedness, housing, and mentorship.
- Chafee Independent Living Program - Provides life-skills training for youth and young adults ages 14-21 in foster care or who have aged out of foster care
- Domestic Victims of Human Trafficking - Addresses the needs of domestic victims of labor and sex trafficking and those who are at high risk of being trafficked
- Dream Center Accelerate Program - Provides a safe, positive place for at-risk youth ages 13-18 after school and during the summer
- Empower Leadership Academy - Helps youth ages 13-24 reach their highest potential through education, life skills, and employment
- Foster Care / Adoption Initiative - Provides awareness and advocacy for youth in care including those available for adoption; recruits foster and adoptive parents, and provides support and training for caregivers and birth parents. Includes Louisiana Heart Gallery.
- Rapid Rehousing Programs - Provides housing services for qualifying homeless youth ages 18-24
- Street Outreach Program - Provides stret-based services to homeless and at-risk youth ages 12-21 in the greater Baton Rouge Area
- Transitional Living Program - Provides housing and support for homeless male youth ages 16-21 (Anchor House)
If you would like to volunteer with any of these programs or get more information about Empower 225, click here.
Food Pantry Team **
Description: This is an opportunity to serve those in need of food assistance by giving them the gift of non-perishable groceries. We also offer to pray with everyone who visits the food pantry. We want to take special care of those who are in need and this is a simple way for us to reach out and make a difference.
When: Second and Fourth Friday of Each Month from 10:00am-2:00pm
Where: Highland Campus Outreach Building - 19202 Highland Road., Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Description: The Meals ministry focuses on serving meals to people who have suffered the loss or illness of loved ones. Meals are prepared and delivered by our team and we get the opportunity to encourage people both inside and outside of the church.
When: Varies according to the need
Where: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Beginnings *
Description: This ministry helps people recover from destructive behaviors, emotional damage, trauma recovery, divorce recovery, sexual or emotional abuse, and eating disorders. Join us to help bring healing through Christ’s love to those in need.
When: Friday Nights at 6:30pm
Where: Healing Place Church Arena - 19202 Highland Road., Baton Rouge, LA 70809
North Baton Rouge Campus **
Description: Join us as we show the love of Christ through food distribution and community support outreaches.
When: Third Saturday of Each Month
Where: North Baton Rouge Campus - 4829 Winbourne Ave., Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Nursing Home Outreach **
Description: We have been blessed with a great opportunity to reach out to a nursing home that gets very few visitors. Through this, we have been able to build amazing relationships with many of the residents and even the home staff. Come be a part!
When: Saturdays, times vary
Where: Oak Park Plaza & Affinity Nursing Home
Prison Ministry *
Description: We are involved in several prisons in the Baton Rouge area. Our goal is to personify Christ’s words, “I was in prison and you visited me.” We minister through church services and also on a one-on-one basis with the inmates. Anyone interested must go through Department of Corrections Training and be cleared by a background check.
When: For more information, email email@example.com.
Where: Elaine Hunt, Louisiana Correctional Institute for Women, Dixon Correctional Institute and Angola
Widow's Lawn Care
Description: We commit to serving a widow by simply cutting her grass.
Where: Greater Baton Rouge Area